Wednesday 4 April 2012

I Want To Make Things Grow

Hello,
Today I got up early(ish) and went shopping with my mumma, I really like going shopping as I love supermarkets. I don't know what it is about them but they are so big and there's so much to look at. I went into the supermarket and they have these new things to keep their vegetables fresh, they blow out a damp cool mist, which looks great. The whole area was covered in a yellowy lighting and I felt really odd. It was something I'd never felt in a supermarket before. It was as though everyone were not real but I was, and they were just figments from a computer. I don't really know why it felt like that, it was almost like a dream, or like I was stuck in a game.
Today it is raining a lot, which it hasn't done in a while. I don't actually remember when it last rained properly, but it wouldn't of been that long ago. I quite like it to be honest, I mean as long as I'm not going anywhere I need to be dry for then I do like the rain. I made dad come out in it and we went to the alotment. We found out what number it is, so we wanted to go look at it to see how much work needs doing to it. The answer to that is, a lot of work, but I am quite looking forward to the challenge and the work. I am hoping to make it look really nice. At the moment it is over grown with weeds, has piled of rubbish on it, old rotten chicken eggs are in a small shed and the gate is made from an old red door that is rotting to pieces. When the weather is a little better me and dad are going to go and start clearing it out. We need to take out the thousands of nettles and weeds. Clear out the piles of rubbish, make plots/boxes to grow vegetables in and consider buying a greenhouse. Its all going to be a lot of work, and going to take many hours of getting covered in soil and dirt, but I can not wait to get started and finished. I have taken some before photographs on my 35mm camera and I will take an after one when we have made it beautiful. I want to make things grow. All kinds of weird vegetables and flowers.

The Seeds I Own

2 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I saw vegetables in a supermarket get sprayed by the automatic mist machines. It was entrancing.

    Your desire to make things grow is admirable. I used to pore over gardening books and fantasize about the enchanting spaces I would someday create, but alas, I have neither the time, money, nor patience for such a feat. I wish you more luck in your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so amazing. You should get some cheap potted plants. They are also pretty. Thank you.

      Delete